What joystick you using

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #45821 by Hellenstone
Speed-Link Competition Pro Blue:

Saitek Cyborg Rumble Pad:

;D

„Es ist wichtig, dass man neunzig Minuten mit voller Konzentration an das nächste Spiel denkt“
Lothar Matthäus – Rekordnationalspieler Deutschlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45828 by Pallister
A Speed-Link? Really? Better u don t play online with it, several players broke this s**t Stick a lot of times, me 5 times in 3 weeks :(

More
15 years 9 months ago #45839 by Hellenstone
No worries til today. But Iäm not that pro!
But this is just for my retro feelings, normally I prefer my gamepad ;D!

„Es ist wichtig, dass man neunzig Minuten mit voller Konzentration an das nächste Spiel denkt“
Lothar Matthäus – Rekordnationalspieler Deutschlands

More
15 years 9 months ago #45848 by Pallister
For retro feeling buy an original Amiga Comp Pro and an adapter to your PC. THIS is real retro. And the stick will survive the next 20 years, too ;D

More
15 years 9 months ago #46476 by CD32FAN
Replied by CD32FAN on topic Re: What joystick you using
Excelent joypad for use with the PC or a Playstation 3.
Price: 10 euros
Shipping within europe.
Attachments:

• ehcacg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #47596 by ehcacg
Replied by ehcacg on topic Re: What joystick you using
Hi,
I m using the SWOS-TP 1.09 on a laptop (Win XP Pro). It s working fine with a joypad (cycles 10000, etc...).
But when I want to play with a second joypad, I just can t calibrate it in the SWOS++ menu. I choose joystick+joystick but I just can t calibrate (nor use) the second one.
The two joypads are working perfectly well with other programs (like a superNES emulator). They are plugged in USB ports, and are exactly the same model.
Any idea ?

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 month ago #61108 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: What joystick you using
Competition Pro si very popular :)

Are the ones from amigakit as good as the original ones or not?
In this thread: forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=9937.0
Sociopatic warns everybody of buying USB version, is this warning intended to those with 9 pin plug?

More
15 years 1 month ago #61116 by Wänä81
The Speedlink USB-Copy is a shame , i broke 3 in 5 days ....

The original Amiga-9-Pin-Version is the better choise. Nearly undestroyable :P

More
15 years 1 month ago #61125 by Kanu
Replied by Kanu on topic Re: What joystick you using
Original pro competition amiga could be very different in order to the model.

For example... I ve got 3 pro competition (9 pins) and each of them is different in something.

The first has no microswitches under fire button, but some kind of alluminium pincers. They work great during first times.... only during first times!! If you have got a pro comp. like this, you have to espect soon your goalkeeper to make a pass to opponent s forwards instead of a long goal kick. .. it happened to me in my first online final match :(

The second model has a plastic cube at the end of the stick (not rounded like the others) . This may seem to be a little difference, but makes the stick very heavy to move and involves inaccurate diagonals.

The third one is the only decent one: microswitches under fire buttons, a plastic circle to touch the switches. Even this got some problems: the microswitch-plate is too soft, so screw holes enlarge very easily triggering direction problems. The plastic hook blocking Fire switch is also very weak and you have often to open joystick and regulate it again.

These are the main types of pro competition amiga you could find on ebay... Only the third one is good for online swos, so be careful if you want to buy one.

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 month ago #61130 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: What joystick you using
Ooh, pitty pitty joysticks with microswithces are not manufactured now. I used Quick Shot joys in old times and was satisfied with them. Maybe its better to admit I am keyboard player and dont try to force myself to do something just for the reason I used joys in the past. It seems there are many troubles with used joys. And when you are angry its much easier to hit and destroy cheap keyboard than joy that is very rare :) I am getting older, I havent been doing this for four or five years ;D
Thanks for the answers, you very much helped me in my dilemma.

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds