Re: "Friendly League Changes History" World Cup 1st edition results

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #34874 by HairFU
Normaly after a draw after extra time in replay match there must be a fortune decide about the winner ;) Penalty kicks wasn t at that time after extra time ( i remember they just use it in world cup 1970 or 1974) ;)

Have made a graphic about the tournament 1934:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #34876 by daimaou
Awesome work Hairfu. You even gone to the detail of using the 1934 country flags, very nice.
I hope Sweden can continue showing up on that map ;D

More
16 years 2 months ago #34879 by xflea
brilliant idea HairFU. and you have even predicted that the Italy quarterfinal match will be replayed...;)

but seriously - this visualization comes very handy. But maybe you could give it a permanent link and only replace the jpgs after each result and not post a new picture each time... what do you think HairFU?

PS. I know that we cannot follow all the football rules that were changing over the years...:
- in 1930 there wasn t 3rd place match - but we had to hold it to determine the bronze medal
- in older WCups there weren t substitutions, penalties, cards, etc. - but we cannot eliminate those from our SWOS games...:) (well maybe we could but I think there is no point...)

More
16 years 2 months ago #34883 by Pallister
Hmm...a permanent link could be not possible maybe. This graphic is from out if the net, I found it too. So HairFU has to make it completely new I think.

Here u can find the whole World Cups with such a graphic: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1934_FIFA_World_Cup

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #34887 by HairFU
It s no problem for me make a update of the picture. Just use the link from the pic and make it on the tournament site, then evrytime we have a new result i will just enter it and then on the same link there are the new results, maybe you just have to reload your webbrowser, but it s work.
And Pallister is right. I just stole it from Wikipedia ;)

Like this one from Lobos Euro 2008 Cup :

@lobo: Have made a graphic based on your Euro 2008 that you host yesterday (to bad i haven t the time to play) :)

More
16 years 2 months ago #34889 by xflea
yes - I forgot to ask this question if wikipedia won t claim its rights to that picture, hehehe

and yes - it would be great if you host this picture and update it. I will add a link in the tournament description. I want it that way because I d like to avoid having many big pictures in this thread as it is used for results entering mainly...:)

and when we have the final table of the tournament I can upload it to my photobucket.com SWOS album - or we can leave it on your server - whatever you say. this is fine distribution to my cup - thanks again HairFU!!!

More
16 years 2 months ago #34890 by HairFU
Hehe Wikipedia have not the right, or you can edit it evrytime you like it. So i think no problem to have the picture here. If you want you can make it on your photobucket account, no problem for me.

More
16 years 2 months ago #34892 by bongojolo

More
16 years 2 months ago #34938 by Foka

More
16 years 2 months ago #34939 by THE TEACHER RL

Belgium - Germany 2:1

I confirm, FOKA is the winner!

Good Luck for everyone. I hope you enjoy all the games like i enjoy to play with FOKA

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds