Re: Check DATA files online!

More
7 years 11 months ago #133421 by higgipoker
Sorry, file looks good to me. Really can t find anything in the hex, and I can import all 12 teams fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133422 by higgipoker
Maybe something to do with the backslash character in the team EB / STREYMUR ??

More
7 years 11 months ago #133429 by higgipoker

@ higgi:
- Easy solution for your website: Code it that way, that upon team file upload skill points ranges from 8-15 will be transformed to 0-7 automatically. Possible?

Absolutely, consider it done!

Do you know the actual effect of the 8-15 range in the game? Special skills (like FSV ) or extra wages in career mode?

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133447 by higgipoker
Whew! After a marathon coding session, the site is online and ready for alpha testing! :) Would be cool if a couple of you could try it out. www.higgis.at/senseless

First just click on create an account from the main page and set it up with whatever username you like. Don t use a sensitive password, as I m no online security wizard ;)

Then see the vid (
) for how to get started.

Basically you just have to do the following steps:

1. Create a dataset (you can have up to 10 different data sets)
2. Upload your TEAM.XXX files (must be uppercase file names for now, and no RNC compressed files!) - you can upload a single TEAM file, or as many as you like.
3. Be sure to select the dataset.
4. Have fun browsing or searching your data
5. Most importantly, tell me about any bugs :)

I m still working on the user experience/interface and have many ideas for improvements (eg data management in a single page instead of multiple tabs), so please focus on sending me any obvious bugs you find for now!

Cheers!

P.S. the site might go up and down from time to time for development!

P.P.S. You can of course still use the guest account, but there s no guarantee someone else wont mess around with the guest data sets at the same time!

More
7 years 11 months ago #133449 by armandojimenez
Amigo!!

Very good work ;)

it will be very util

More
7 years 11 months ago #133450 by higgipoker
Thank you! Hopefully I can get the editing and saving working soon.

Note - I think I have fixed the uppercase upload issue - should now be able to upload team files in any case.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133451 by armandojimenez

Thank you! Hopefully I can get the editing and saving working soon.

Note - I think I have fixed the uppercase upload issue - should now be able to upload team files in any case.

Fantastic, editing teams and save as new database could be very interesting ;)
remember add *.csv file for update teams :)

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133452 by higgipoker

Yes, on my list are functions to import from csv and export to csv and SWOS files.

And one day I ll get a RNC implementation in php so I can export directly for Amiga! ;)

But 14 hour marathon dev session today, I m going to relax with a nice IPA for now :p

More
7 years 11 months ago #133453 by armandojimenez

Yes, on my list are functions to import from csv and export to csv and SWOS files.

And one day I ll get a RNC implementation in php so I can export directly for Amiga! ;)

Then all we could do by the web ;)

More
7 years 11 months ago #133454 by higgipoker
If you look at the editing aspect (though you can t save yet) it is formatted for fast editing without the mouse.

For example the first field is auto selected and highlighted and you can tab to all other fields. Drop-down boxes can be changed with up/down arrow keys or by typing if you know the desired value. Same for number inputs.

We can also add a lot of verification. For example, already player 1 and 12 must be goalkeepers and can not be changed.

Other suggestions welcome from people who have experience editing! I don t edit SWOS teams myself!

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds