A guide to create tactics!

More
14 years 11 months ago #64884 by _sox_

sometimes , to get a green tick you have to move ,for example, an RW in a RB position...

As I explained already above, this has only sth to do with their skill points.
.. .. ..

yes, i know...i just wanted to say that s hard to play with 2 RB and 0 RW :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #78086 by FLegby
very good faq thx to all submitted his idea :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #99833 by dimetrodon
I read this (old) topic again (incl. the manual), and searched the forum, but I still have not found the answer. Which one is true:

1. When you change/adjust tactics or players, the CPU make a computation (based how good the positions are for the players and for the team) for three purpose
- In career mode CPU will adjust the value of the players based on this factor
- If you use Result it will be a factor to determine the result
- And inform you how good are the positions for the players or for the whole team, as a guess or advice
But if you play the match the certain player performance will solely based on the attributes (which are constant attributes for a player).

2. The CPU make the players with red crosses slightly (?) weaker, and them with green ticks a bit stronger. Eg. the player become slower or faster.

Beside the carrier thing the 1st option mens it is just an information or prediction, but if the 2nd is true than it could be a real important thing. (It is slightly more complicated because the ticks and Xs appear two places: when you edit a tactic and before the match.)

My guess or feeling is the 1st, the 2nd not seems very logical. But I have not tested it, and the 2nd is possible till anybody not do exact test. Have anybody more information? What do you think?

(I have always thought, it is not more than a superstition, but some player change his 442 tactic before match to Defened and swap the second GK in and out. Ofc in this case he will get many green ticks and a big one, because 442 is much better for the players (as a guess from the CPU) than Defend, and it is very advantageous if Bebeto plays as striker, not Danrlei. So he will get many ticks bacause this is a step forward, but after a step backward. Is this possibley that Ronaldo will be quicker after Bebeto and the subs. GK swaped? I hope not!)

• borman09
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #100905 by borman09
Replied by borman09 on topic Re: A guide to create tactics!
The guideline is helpful for me.Thanks...... :D

More
12 years 10 months ago #101806 by Sida79
This topic confused the hell out of me! What does it mean when a player has a green tick ? Compared to what? Because, even in the tactics editing and the tactics choosing screen - if you have the worst tactic ever and choose a better one a player will get a green tick. If, after playing with that tactic you choose an even better one a player will get another green tick, meaning, there are X levels of satisfaction a player can have with his position on the field/inside a formation. Does it count if a player has level 3/5 (improvising here) or he has to have the optimal one? With moving each player xx+ times for xx+ positions it would take hours to find the optimum for just one player in your team... and that would heavily depend on who he played with and what their positions would be compared to his anyway :-\

More
8 years 9 months ago #128889 by mortalporcupine
So I have read all of this and come to the conclusion that a players default position doesnt mean anything when creating a tactic. A player getting a green tick is dependant on his main 3 skill attributes and where he is positioned on the pitch.
Is this a safe assumption?

More
8 years 9 months ago #128890 by Playaveli

So I have read all of this and come to the conclusion that a players default position doesnt mean anything when creating a tactic. A player getting a green tick is dependant on his main 3 skill attributes and where he is positioned on the pitch.

Not really.
Take Milan and put LeftBack Maldini in Attack. He has maximum skills in all attributes, but will get a big red cross.

More
8 years 9 months ago #128891 by mortalporcupine

Not really.
Take Milan and put LeftBack Maldini in Attack. He has maximum skills in all attributes, but will get a big red cross.

Do you think that is because a default position wins over stats if all stats are maximum?
So if another player who does not have maximum stats in all areas and he is for example a midfield player yet his 3 main attribute are FHS then surely he will perform better as an attacker?

More
8 years 9 months ago #128912 by mortalporcupine
*BUMP*

More
8 years 9 months ago #128918 by djowGer

Not really.

Do you think that is because a default position wins over stats if all stats are maximum?
So if another player who does not have maximum stats in all areas and he is for example a midfield player yet his 3 main attribute are FHS then surely he will perform better as an attacker?

Well both stats and positions matter for the performance of the players. Like Playa said if you put a max skilled player like Maldini (LB) in offense he will perform badly compared to George Weah (A) a real attacker. Usually a Defender (D) will perform better on the defensive midfield position than a midfielder. And an attacker will also perform better than a midfielder on the offensive midfield. The 5-2-3 formation has a weird twist in making the 2 wingers performing best on the 2 central midfielder positions. Besides this, the players perform their best on their normal positions, in the other formations. But with the standard teams it is a big bowl of compromise solutions. You can of course tweak this with a custom tactic.

To show you how positions matter over stats, here is a pack with some superteams (all players have max skills in every category). Play a friendly with the Edited custom teams. When you change players, make sure you choose from the bench to a player on the starting 11. Not swapping from LB to defensive midfield. This way you are sure that the player you put onto the pitch is better or worse than the previous one. I hope you understand.

Link to pack with superteams:
www.sendspace.com/file/0b5g9e

I dont know which tactic you usually play with, but if you dont have the patience or experience in creating a tactic, start with one of the veterans tactics, and make the changes you like after. I can upload some of them if you like.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds