Re: Best player in SWOS 96/97

More
17 years 2 months ago #16923 by SPIR
Replied by SPIR on topic Re: Best player in SWOS 96/97
I still don t understand this perfectly, but i would really like to.

So Claudio Lopez runs faster than George Weah because his stats aren t so stoked as Weah s and so Lopez main skill (speed) has a greater effect. OK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16924 by Playaveli
I don t think Lopez actually runs faster than Weah... as I said above, you feel that he is faster, because his focus is on speed, where Weah has also shotpower and heading.

Playing with Lopez you initially think: This dude is FAST!
With Weah: This dude can SHOOT!

Understand?

More
17 years 2 months ago #16926 by SPIR
Replied by SPIR on topic Re: Best player in SWOS 96/97
I ve played with a player from Iran, can t remember his name, he has speed 15 and basically nothing more, he is faster than Weah, and accordingly I think Lopez is faster than Weah too.

The fact that Weah has massive shot and heading power is what I think makes him a slower player than fx Lopez.

To me this is incredibly advanced and my poor mathematic skills can t figure it out exactly.

Maybe I don t want to know how it all works, rather stay n00b and keep the magic i feel in SWOS. But it is interesting.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16927 by Playaveli
Spir, just try it! Choose Valencia and play against Milan. Choose Weah as a defender and you will see that they equally fast...

More
17 years 2 months ago #16931 by djowGer
Im gonna do a guide soon, but the skills system in swos is quite easy to understand. All players have a number from 0-15 in 7 different categories (speed, passsing, finishing, tackling, shot power, ball control, heading). The confusing part is that numbers 0-15 are divided in 2, why i dont know (heard a rumor about player wages, but im not sure). The lowest is 0 which is equal to 8. The best is 15 which is equal to 7. This means the following:

Worst
Best
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Player example:

Roberto Mussi (Parma)

P V H T C S F
15 4 3 15 4 15 2

This would be equal to:

P V H T C S F
7 12 11 7 12 7 10

P = Passing
V = Shot Power
H = Heading
T = Tackling
C = Ball Control
S = Speed
F = Finishing

Roberto Mussi is RB, but i think he is perfect for a defensive midfielder. He has maximum in categories Speed, Tackling, and passing. Some people often get confused when i set an attacker in defence, but i know the skills of the player. And like playaveli said, you could easily have george weah in defence cause he has max in every skill. His stats are here together with a few others:

George Weah (AC Milan)
P V H T C S F
15 15 15 7 15 15 15

Hristo Stoichkov (Barcelona)
P V H T C S F
15 14 2 3 15 14 15

Claudio Lopez (Valencia)
P V H T C S F
2 14 14 3 3 15 14

More
17 years 2 months ago #16932 by RobChef
Don t players lose a little skill when you set them on positions they dislike?

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16934 by Playaveli
Very nice research here! Thx, Poul!
The explaination of why the skills go from 0-7 and 8-15 is in my above post! The higher one has priority in the the 3 letters , eg THS all 15 and P = 7...

@Robchef: Their price value drops in career mode... ;) But not their skill values!

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #16939 by Oli O.
Club teams:
Weah and Del Piero are the best players with all skills 7 or 15.
Maldini, Shearer and Bebeto all have one skill with 6 (other skills 7 and 15).

National teams:
Shearer and Maldini have maximum skills. Klinsmann is third best with one skill 5.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16964 by RobChef

@Robchef: Their price value drops in career mode... ;) But not their skill values!

I see, so I can place a defender in attack without losing something thats cool. :)

More
17 years 2 months ago #16977 by Robbie
I m an absolute PC-swos player, but I d like to add this: Sometimes, the combination of 2 strikers is the best combination... When in a low-budget club, I like Uwe Bein, German, who plays in Japan. Has 15 control, lacks everything else. If I pass him the ball from midfield, he s right attacker, kan keep the ball with him and trick past a defender. Then pass to left attacker: Romeo Wouden, 550k, only skill: 15 in shot. Bang, Goal! Or: a Speedy Gonzalez as left striker: off-target shot by Bein, tip in at second post. That s the way I like it!

My favourite single player is Stoichkov. Everything you wish for 3M...

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds